Thursday, June 7, 2007

Truckee Adventures

Hi,
I am amazed that a group of 10 people living in a house can get along as well as we have so far. The biggest problem we have had so far is an overflowed toilet (fixed) and a crammed fridge. There are some interesting people on the crew. One of the guys has a digestive problem and can only eat vegetables and chicken. He brings canned chicken into the field with him and cooks carrots in tomato juice.
One of the other guys sleeps on the porch at night even though he has a perfectly good bed inside that he can sleep on. I thought that a little strange especially considering the weather we have been having.
It snowed off and on yesterday and the snow was really coming down. We didn't work yesterday because of it and I was pretty bored. I am living in a hiker's paradise here, but I don't think I will be able to hike or go on walks all summer because of my knee.
Most of the female willow flycatchers haven't arrived yet, so work has been pretty low-key. When they do start nesting, things are going to get pretty crazy.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Living with 10 people, I might sleep out on the porch as well. So it is official... Birders are strange ducks.