Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008 And All's Well


Just an update on my health and whereabouts: I am safe and having a jolly good time. Ringing in the New Year in Amsterdam was a lot of fun. I admit I was a bit worried about attending a mass celebration on my own, but it turned out to be a most exciting night. I ended up getting to know all the people around me very well and counted in 2008 in Dam Square with a Dutchman, an Italian, a couple of Spaniards and 2 Germans... and 30,000 other people from who knows where. Though, I only said Happy New Year and exchange the traditional European 3 cheek kiss with about half of them. It was a wild party.
I’m half way through my trip already and though I am tired and my legs and feet are just getting used to this constant walking thing, I wish I could stay longer. Perhaps my legs will grow accustom just in time to return to the sedentary life of my desk.

2 comments:

Carrith said...

I am coming with you next time. okay?

Vanessa said...

I didn't know that those Your-a-peein people had three cheeks. What is a 3 cheek kiss.
Love,
your still a little bitter about your trip sister