Sunday, May 20, 2007

weekly phone chat

So I'm hoping we can put together a weekly girly-girl via phone/computer. We would set up a set time each week (like Sunday evening) and everyone would need to be online at that time. We could use either Skype (which everyone already has) or Yahoo! Instant messenger. If we all used computers the call would be free. (We would have to call Julia's phone though since she is still a dial-up nerd) The one catch is that everyone would have to get a microphone for their computers. Joal got a decent microphone/headset for $10 on Newegg.com and they ship fast. If you don't have a mic we could also call phones. Anyway, I thought it would be fun so let me know what time would work for everyone and we can try it next week.

3 comments:

Althea said...

Elizabeth,
Great idea! I am reading this after we tried with phones, but the call was cut off after a few minutes. Don't know why. I can be on line and will look around for microphone set since I don't know if phones will work. Maybe we could even get a little web camera action going.

Camille (of the wind) said...

Well...I might be able to be on-line...But Im always at Stacey's house on Sundays, so we'll have to push her for the internet!

Carrith said...

I am in, but I don't want to be involved in any decisions about how to do it. I can do it either way. I already have a mic and I think I have a yahoo account.